Ridge Racer 2 © 1994 Namco.
Ridge Racer 2 is a racing game in which players take part in races set in and around the fictional Ridge City. Gameplay is heavily focussed on the art of drifting and mastering this allows players to pass through corners while maintaing a high speed. This is crucial in reaching timed check-points and overtaking rival racers.
Players can choose from either manual or automatic gears and start each place in last place. They then have a limited number of laps in which they can overtake opponents and ultimately win the race. The game's environs are geographically diverse and include beaches, forests, grasslands and mountains.
The race will end if the timer expires or the player completes the final lap of the race, whichever occurs first.
Namco System 22 hardware
Game ID : RRS
Main CPU : 68020 (@ 24.576 Mhz), (2x) TMS32025 (@ 49.152 Mhz), M37702 (@ 16.384 Mhz)
Sound Chips : C352 (@ 16.384 Mhz)
Control : steering wheel
Pedals : accelerator and brake
Released in June 1994.
When entering the first tunnel, look up and you'll see a giant video screen showing the old Namco arcade game "Galaxian".
Victor Entertainment released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Ridge Racer 2 : Namco Game Sound Express Vol.14 - VICL-15031) on 09/1994.
1. Ridge Racer (1993, Arcade)
2. Ridge Racer 2 (1994, Arcade)
3. Rave Racer (1995, Arcade)
4. Ridge Racer Revolution (1995, PlayStation)
5. Rage Racer (1996, PlayStation)
6. R4 - Ridge Racer Type 4 (1998, PlayStation)
7. Ridge Racer V (1999, PS2)
8. Ridge Racer 64 (2000, N64)
9. Ridge Racer V - Arcade Battle (2000, Arcade)
10. Ridge Racer DS (2004, DS)
11. Ridge Racers (2005, PSP)
12. Ridge Racer 6 (2005, XBOX360)
13. Ridge Racers 2 (2006, PSP)
14. Ridge Racer 7 (2006, PS3)
15. Ridge Racer 3D (2011, 3DS)
16. Ridge Racer (2011, PSVita)
17. Ridge Racer Unbounded (2012, PS3/XBOX360/Windows)