Reversi [Model 5304]
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): reversi
[CONSOLE] Mattel Intellivision Game
Reversi © 1981 Mattel Electronics.
Turn most of the pieces to your color, by bracketing your opponent's pieces in any row (vertical, horizontal or diagonal). Occupy the outer edges and corners to dominate the board and get the biggest margin of victory. Make every move count, and THINK AHEAD!
1: 6 by 6 game board
2: 8 by 8 game board
3: 10 by 10 game board
4: You vs. Computer -- Computer starts
5: You vs. Computer -- You start
6: Two Players
7: Skill level 1
8: Skill level 2
9: Skill level 3
UPPER SIDE ACTION KEYS: Place your piece
LOWER SIDE ACTION KEYS: Preview a move
DISC: Move cursor
* The corner squares are the best ones to occupy, because you can't be outflanked there. Try to get the corner!
* If possible, don't place your pieces in squares adjacent to corners... they might give your opponent an opportunity to get those key positions.
* The scoring lead will often change several times during a game. Don't get discouraged if you are behind! It is frequently desirable to have the lower score during the early stages of the game. Many of your opponent's pieces are scoring opportunities - right up to the end of the game.
* Use the Preview feature to analyze your potential moves. As soon as you press a Place Piece action button, you can't change your mind!
* If you want to see the computer's suggestion for your next move, press any key. The suggested move will reflect the skill level you selected at the start of the game. In two-player games, the suggestion will be accompanied by the computer's thinking sound.