Real Bout Garou Densetsu © 1995 SNK.
16 characters, some old and some new, breathe new life into the Fatal Fury series.
Runs on the SNK "Neo-Geo MVS" hardware.
Game ID: NGM-095
Control: 8-way joystick
=> [A] Punch [B] Kick [C] Power Attack [D] Move Between Planes
Real Bout Garou Densetsu was released on December 21, 1995 in Japan.
The title of the game translates from Japanese as 'Real Bout Hungry Wolf Legend'.
This game is known outside Japan as 'Real Bout Fatal Fury'.
Things that changed in this particular game :
* The game uses a different 4 button setup this time around (punch, kick, power attack & plane switch) This was done to make the plane change mechanics easier to master.
* Chain combos are easier to pull this time around as well.
* This is one of the very few 2-D fighters to feature ring outs!
* Newcomers in the game are : Kim Kaphwan, Duck King & Billy Kane.
Pony Canyon released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Real Bout Garou Densetsu - PCCB-00203) on 07/02/1996.
An additional cut-scene can be seen by beating the game with either Terry or Andy Bogard.
1. Garou Densetsu - Shukumei no Tatakai [Model NGM-033] (1991, MVS)
2. Garou Densetsu 2 - Arata-Naru Tatakai [Model NGM-047] (1992, MVS)
3. Garou Densetsu Special [Model NGM-058] (1993, MVS)
4. Garou Densetsu 3 - Harukanaru Tatakai [Model NGM-069] (1995, MVS)
5. Real Bout Garou Densetsu [Model NGM-095] (1995, MVS)
6. Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special [Model NGM-223] (1997, MVS)
7. Real Bout Garou Densetsu 2 - The Newcomers [Model NGM-240] (1998, MVS)
8. Fatal Fury - Wild Ambition (1999, ARC)
9. Garou - Mark of the Wolves [Model NGM-253] (1999, MVS)
10. Fatal Fury First Contact [Model NEOP00111] (1999, NGPC)
Big boss : Eikichi Kawasaki
Producers : Takashi Nishiyama, H. Matsumoto, S. Itoh
Planners : Tsuka-Michi, T. Yariyama, OH! Saba Meron
Obj. designers : Higashi Pon, Mika.Poh, Fuku Fuku, Astro 1, Suke Chichi, Takehiro Isaji, Tsuzaki.A, Kamae 34, S. Tenuking, Yure Chichi, Soe Soe, G. Ishidaman
Back. designers : Mic.Senbey, Midorin, Tomo, Ema Sue, Banamen, R. Nariai, Umechan
Demo designers : Sezabon, Enokichi, Ega Nataku, Jida-Q, Maki-Torowa, Muramama, Sho-Chan
effects : March Kaji, Kaoruru, Itokatsu, Tashiboo
Programmers : Tony Oki (Tony-MF-Oki), Bo-Ffffffffng
Sound : Toshio Shimizm (as Shimizm), SHA-V
Special advisers : Stg-Oyaji 145H, Masahiko. Sawa
* Voice Actors :
Terry Bogard : Satoshi Hashimoto
Andy Bogard : Keiichi Nanba
Joe Higashi : Nobuyuki Hiyama
Mai Shiranui : Akoya Sogi
Sokaku Mochizuki : Koji Ishii
Bob Wilson : Toshiyuki Morikawa
Blue Mary : Harumi Ikoma
Franco Bash : B. J. Love
Geese Howard : Kong Kuwata
Hon-Fu : Toshiyuki Morikawa
Ryuji Yamazaki : Koji Ishii
Kim Kaphwan : Satoshi Hashimoto
Jin Chonshu : Kappei Yamaguchi
Jin Chonrei : Kappei Yamaguchi
Billy Kane : Atsushi Yamanishi
Duck King : Kong Kuwata
SNK Neo-Geo AES (Jan. 26, 1996; "Real Bout Garou Densetsu [Model NGH-095]")
SNK Neo-Geo CD (Feb. 23, 1996; "Real Bout Garou Densetsu [Model NGCD-095]")
Sega Saturn (Sep. 20, 1996; "Real Bout Garou Densetsu [Model T-3105G]")
Sony PlayStation (Jan. 10, 1997; "Real Bout Garou Densetsu [Model SLPS-00640]")
Sony PlayStation (jul.23, 1998; "Real Bout Garou Densetsu [The Best] [Model SLPM-86108]")
Sega Saturn (Aug. 06, 1998; "Real Bout Garou Densetsu Best Collection [Model T-3124G]")
Sony PS2 (Feb. 22, 2007; "Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 2 [NeoGeo Online Collection Vol.6] [Model SLPS-25698]")
Sony PS2 (may.29, 2008; "Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 2 [NeoGeo Online Collection The Best] [Model SLPS-25864]")