Quadrun © 1983 Atari, Incorporated.
Long ago, the peaceful land of Quad was invaded by cruel Captors who rounded up all the helpless inhabitants and imprisoned them in cages. The Captors called their prisoners 'Runts'. And the name has stuck. Now you've come to Quad to rescue the Runts and destroy their Captors with your special weapon: phaser balls.
* Your weapon: phaser balls Shoot the Captors with a phaser ball, then run to the opposite sector and catch the phaser ball so that you can reuse it. Be quick and accurate: you have only three phaser balls with which to destroy the Captors. The game ends when you lose all three phaser balls.
* Running around the quad The Quad consists of four sectors, with a Runt cage in the center. You can run to any sector on the screen. But to switch from a vertical sector to a horizontal sector, or vice versa, you must touch one of the side walls.
* The bad guys: the captors There are five Captors per wave. Each wave begins with the QUADRUN voice, and each wave features a different type of Captor. Captors patrol the quad vertically. You can shoot at Captors only while you're in the vertical sectors. If a Captor crashes into you, you lose a phaser ball.
* The good guys: the Runts Runts escape from the center cage and race madly left or right toward their doom: an electrified toaster grid. Catch each Runt before it runs into the grid or it will fry. You can catch Runts only while you're in the horizontal sectors.
* Don't let the critter counter disappear! The white line located at the top of the screen is the Critter Counter. Every time you fail to destroy a Captor or fail to catch a Runt, the Critter Counter decreases in length. When it disappears, the game ends.
* Crazy Crazed Wave After you complete five waves, you begin the CRAZED WAVE. At the start of the CRAZED WAVE, the Critter Counter returns to its full length and you receive bonus points for all remaining phaser balls. During the CRAZED WAVE, you face constant attacks from a random assortment of the five types of Captors.
Quadrun was one of the four Atari Club games available exclusively via mail order from Atari, it may have been available later in stores in very limited quantities.
No PAL version was released.
Quadrun is the first Atari 2600 game to feature voice synthesis.
|Each completed wave||1,000 points.|
|Each saved Runt||100 points.|
|1 Phaser ball at beginning||2,500 points.|
|2 Phaser balls at the beginning||5,000 points.|
|3 Phaser balls at the beginning||10,000 points.|
|Destroy every 5th Captor||1,000 points.|
* When a Brat Captor attacks, run to the opposite side of the screen and "lead it on" in order to destroy it.
* When a Yo-Yo rushes out, go to the spot where it first appeared and wait for it to return - like a yo-yo, it always comes back to where it started. Then hit it with your phaser ball.
* If you're not in a horizontal sector when a Runt escapes from its cage, hit the closest wall in order to move quickly into the horizontal channel and catch the Runt.
* If you have only one phaser ball left and a Captor is about to crash into you, fire the phaser ball (then go catch it!) so that you won't automatically lose it.
Microsoft XBOX (nov.16, 2004) "Atari Anthology [Model 26084]"
Sony PS2 (nov.22, 2004) "Atari Anthology [Model SLUS-21076]"
Sony PS2 (feb.18, 1005) "Atari Anthology [Model SLES-53061]"
Microsoft XBOX (nov.26, 2004) "Atari Anthology"
Microsoft XBOX (aug.4, 2005) "Atari Anthology [Model B7X-00001]"
Sony PlayStation 4 (oct.18, 2016) "Atari Flashback Classics Vol.1"
Microsoft XBOX One (nov.1, 2016) "Atari Flashback Classics Vol.1"
Nintendo DS (mar.8, 2011) "Atari Greatest Hits Vol.2 [Model NTR-BR7E-USA]"
PC [MS Window, CD-ROM] (nov.11, 2003) "Atari - 80 Classic Games in One! [Model 25069J]"
PC [MS Window, CD-ROM] (june.10, 2005) "Atari - 80 Classic Games in One! [Replay]"
Steam (mar.24, 2016) "Atari Vault [Model 400020]"