Prehistoric Isle in 1930 is a horizontally scrolling shooting game developed by SNK and released in arcades in 1989.
Ships have been mysteriously disappearing in the vicinity of the Bahamas for years. Now, in 1930, the United States government sends an expedition to the area in a flying boat to determine the cause. As they survey the ocean, the expedition comes across an uncharted landmass which they dub "Greenhell Isle" and launches two reconnaissance biplanes to take a closer look. As they investigate the island, the biplanes come under attack by dinosaurs and other life forms that were thought to have become extinct millions of years ago.
The player takes control of a biplane armed with a forward-firing machine gun. It can also be equipped with an option weapon pod that can be rotated clockwise around the craft. The option's attack changes depending on where it is currently positioned:
* When directly above or below the plane, the option fires energy waves that reflect back upon contact with a surface.
* When diagonally above the plane, the option fires balls of energy that bounce off surfaces at a 45 degree angle.
* When diagonally below the plane, the option drops bombs.
* When directly in front of the plane, the option replaces the default machine gun with its own flame cannon.
* When directly behind the plane, the option deploys aerial mines.
Click to enlarge (members only)
Game ID : A8003 'GT'
Main CPU : Motorola 68000 (@ 12 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 4 Mhz)
Sound Chips : YM3812 (@ 4 Mhz), UPD7759 (@ 640 Khz)
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
=> [A] Shoot, [B] Pod