Pirate's Revenge © 1997 5 Star Redemption.
Pirates Revenge consists of a lighted clock face with motorized spinning sword, a player console with large buttons and numeric display for game play, speakers for sound effects, two coin acceptors, and a ticket dispenser. The objective is to skillfully stop the sword so that it points to a desirable position to maximize the number of points won. Especially noteworthy is a double-down feature which at times gives the player the opportunity to risk winnings to double their score.
Pirates Revenge offers very fast and interesting play and many different strategies for maximizing points won.
1) Insert coin(s) to ready the game for play.
2) Push the start button to begin the sword spinning.
3) There are several seconds in which to influence where the sword will stop by skillfully pushing the Stop and Super Fast Skill Stop buttons.
4) Points are awarded and displayed in addition to any accumulated points already won.
5) Depending upon the number of points won, the option to double-down and spin again may be given. If the double-down option is declined, points may be traded for tickets or additional coins may be inserted to play again.
6) When doubling down, either red or blue is selected and the sword spun again.
- If the sword lands on the chosen color, the points are doubled. Otherwise the points risked are lost.
- This process of choosing whether or not to double-down is continued until one of three events occur : (1) either red or blue is incorrectly chosen and the points risked are lost; (2) the maximum number of times allowed to double-down is reached and points won is added to the accumulated points; or, (3) the option to double-down is declined by the player and the points won so far are added to the accumulated points.
7) The total accumulated points may be traded for credits or tickets.
Sound effects play throughout game play apprising player of double-down options and acknowledging wins and loses.
Click to enlarge