Pirate Pete © 1982 Taito America Corporation.
Pirate Pete is a reworked version of "Jungle King". Here's what makes Pirate Pete different from Jungle King:
* An opening musical theme is used in certain parts of the game instead of the opening Tarzan yell (unlike in "Jungle Hunt", it is NOT the same one used at the end of the ocean stage).
* The player character is a heroic pirate instead of the Tarzan character.
* In the first stage, the player swings on ropes between ship's masts instead of vines between trees.
* The second stage is set in an ocean infested with sharks, instead of a river infested with alligators and crocodiles.
* The third stage adds a new enemy - snakes. They appear at the top of the screen and will kill the player if he touches them while jumping.
* The enemies in the fourth stage are sword-wielding pirates instead of spear-chucking cannibals.
Runs on the "Taito SJ System" hardware.
Control: 8-way joystick
Buttons: 2 (JUMP/KNIFE)
Pirate Pete was released in November 1982.