PGA Golf [Model 1816]
A 39-year-old Mattel Intellivision Game by Mattel Electronics
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): golf
PGA Golf © 1979 Mattel Electronics.
Host your own PGA tournament, any time. The sun is always shining on the INTELLIVISION course. Line up your shot, then drive it down the fairway. Check your distance. Look out for hazards. With practice, even the weekend duffer will be playing these 9 holes like a pro.
OBJECT OF THE GAME is to sink the ball into each of 9 consecutive holes by hitting the ball with a club the least number of times possible. Avoid sand-traps, water and trees, that add extra strokes (hits with the club) to your score. Low score wins.
KEYPAD 1: Driver
KEYPAD 2: #3 Wood
KEYPAD 3: #5 Wood
KEYPAD 4: #3 Iron
KEYPAD 5: #5 Iron
KEYPAD 6: #7 Iron
KEYPAD 7: #9 Iron
KEYPAD 8: Wedge
KEYPAD 9: Putter
KEYPAD CLEAR: Change number of players
KEYPAD 0: Choice Key (use when ball lands in water)
KEYPAD ENTER: Changes score readout to display cumulative score
UPPER SIDE ACTION KEYS: Long Swing
LOWER LEFT SIDE ACTION KEY: Medium Swing
LOWER RIGHT SIDE ACTION KEY: Short Swing
* Be sure of your aim. Check where you are pressing the Direction Disc. You should be pressing the edge of the Disc at the point corresponding to the direction in which you want the ball to travel. Imagine an arrow pointing outward from the place on the Disc where you are pressing. Your ball will follow the path of the arrow.
* If your ball lands in the rough, stay away from the 3 or 5 wood, since you don't know what they'll do. Remember to select an iron 2 sizes longer than you would normally choose.
* NEVER assume that the computer will send your ball straight, even on a short putt. ALWAYS press the action button a second time. Watch your timing to hook, slice or send the ball straight.
* Try to avoid hitting your ball onto the edge of the green far away from the hole. The greens are large and if you are too far from the hole, you may require 2 putts to make the hole. Remember: You MUST use your putter on the green.
* Be extra careful in judging distance over water. If your ball falls short and lands in the water, it'll cost you a penalty stroke.
* If you land in the trees, select your club carefully. Figure the trajectory you'll have with the club and swing you choose. If you land directly under a tree, putt out from underneath, then switch to a long club if you're deep in the woods, a short iron if you're near the edge of the woods.