Scoring in this game is complicated. There are a lot of enemy units for you to take out. In addition, some units have multiple parts which also score points. You also get points for collecting items and making it through a mission. The enemy units are broken up into air, ground and boss.
ENEMY AIR UNIT
BOMBER, LARGE (FACES RIGHT) : 3,000
BOMBER, LARGE (TAN) : 3,000
BOMBER, MEDIUM (FACES RIGHT) : 2,000
BOMBER, MEDIUM (FACES LEFT) : 1,500
FIGHTER/BOMBER, SMALL (FACES LEFT) : 1,000
FIGHTER/BOMBER, LARGE (FACES RIGHT) : 5,000
HELICOPTER, MEDIUM : 300
HELICOPTER, POWER-UP : 500
PLANE, JET : 200
PLANE, JET (TAN) : 300
PLANE, PROPELLER : 100
PLANE, PROPELLER (TAN) : 200
PLANE, ROCKET : 500
ROCKET, V1 : 100
ROCKET, TWO-FIN : 100
ENEMY GROUND UNITS
MOTORCYCLE : 2,000
RAIL GUN, LARGE (GUN ONLY) : 1,000
RAIL GUN, LARGE (TURRET) : 3,000
RAIL GUN, SMALL : 1,000
SELF-PROPELLED HOWITZER : 3,000
TANK, LARGE : 600
TANK, MEDIUM : 400
TANK, VERY LARGE : 5,000
TURRET, GROUND : 100
TURRET, TRAIN : 400
TRUCK, ANTI-AIRCRAFT : 200
TRUCK, DEDICATED ANTI-AIRCRAFT : 400
TRUCK, HALFTRACK : 300
TRUCK, QUAD ANTI-AIRCRAFT : 500
TRUCK, RADAR : 2,000
BATTLESHIP, MAIN GUN : 5,000
BATTLESHIP, SECONARY BATTERY : 2,000
BATTLESHIP, TERTIARY BATTERY : 1,000
BATTLESHIP, ANTI-AIRCRAFT BATTERY : 500
BOMBER, VERY LARGE : 20,000
BOMBER, HUGE : 40,000
RAIL GUN, LARGE : 10,000
TANK, HUGE (GREEN) : 20,000
TANK, HUGE (SILVER) : 50,000
In addition to the above scoring, you also get points for the number of item power-ups you collect and for finishing each part of a mission. The scores for collection of item power-ups are :
1 ITEM : 1,000 POINTS
2 ITEMS : 2,000 POINTS
3 ITEMS : 3,000 POINTS
4 ITEMS : 4,000 POINTS
5 ITEMS : 5,000 POINTS
6 ITEMS : 10,000 POINTS
7 ITEMS : 20,000 POINTS
8-10 ITEMS : 30,000 POINTS
You will also score 10,000 points for completing a mission part.
As soon as you start the game, you will immediately be placed into the thick of the action. Be ready for anything.
* This game is very fast-paced and it only gets harder as you progress through the missions. This means you will have to be constantly aware of what is happening from both in the air and on the ground.
* Your fighter has unlimited firepower in both bullets and also auxiliary weapons such as bombs and missiles. Use this to your advantage by laying down a solid wall of firepower to prevent any enemy units from getting close to your fighter.
* Make sure, though, that you are constantly aware of where an enemy unit is because you will also have to gauge where its fire will be heading. In addition, most enemy units move so they basically will 'shoot and scoot' making it harder for you to pinpoint their location.
* To take care of units that like to roam around, lay down a 'carpet' of bombs or other heavy firepower. Your bombs drop down much faster than an enemy unit can move so you can basically overwhelm them with superior firepower.
* Some enemies require more then one hit to take them out. This means you will have to use a combination of different offensive weapons to destroy them. This will be especially true when you are fighting the bosses.
* Make sure you know the lay of the land at all times. Some topography has some extremes in both hills and valleys. Sometimes your only choice is to go above a mountain peak that has a lot of ground and air units guarding it. This means you will have to unleash some serious firepower to make it safely over.
* Ensure that you know how to regulate your speed depending on the current conditions. You can go no further to the front than the right side of the screen nor any further back than the left. Use this speed-up, slow-down to avoid enemy fire and to eliminate targets before they become unmanageable.
* Make sure you eliminate all helicopters that have items so you can ensure you have the right kind of power-up plus you can also get free men.
* When you encounter large formations of planes, the best weapons are the missiles or exploding bombs. These can clear out large holes in those formations plus they can prove rather deadly to the bigger planes as well.
* Overall, this game involves the application of massive amounts of firepower in order to survive the next mission. This isn't to say, however, that paying attention and constantly moving aren't also important... they are vital to your survival.
F.A.Q. by Kevin Butler A.K.A. War Doc