NBA Fastbreak [Model 50053]
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): nbaf_31 nbaf_11 nbaf_115 nbaf_11a nbaf_11s nbaf_21 nbaf_22 nbaf_23 nbaf_31a
NBA Fastbreak © 1997 Midway Mfg. Co.
Midway WPC-95 System
Model Number : 50053
Main CPU : Motorola M6809 (@ 2 MHz)
Sound CPU : ADSP2105 (@ 10 MHz)
Sound Chip : DMA-driven DAC
NBA Fastbreak was released in March 1997. 4,414 units were produced.
Crazy Bob is the hot dog vendor.
REVISION 1.0 (changes from sample 0.2)
Date : March 17, 1997
- 1.0 is the production release.
- Added German, French, and Spanish translations.
- Added German speech under an adjustment for German jumpered games only.
- Added Operator-run Tournament mode adjustment.
- Added the attract mode backbox adjustment (default ON).
- Added some new sound effects.
- Updated NBA Team rosters.
- Improved IN THE PAINT timeout.
- Some ball-holding features sped up to improve gameplay.
- Added new FOUL SHOT rule.
- Improved Multiball scoring.
- Fixed lamp problem with LITE FASTBREAK and 3 point shots.
- Added grace periods for the combination shots.
- HOOPS LOOPS are now disabled if extra balls are disabled.
- Changed Midnight Madness to only score on shots.
- Added backbox backet award for hitting a completed Crazy Bob's.
- Added an additional jet bumper hit when the Jets ball drain switch is made to help HOOPS modes.
Date : March 26, 1997
- Fixed a bug where the REPLAY BOOST adjustment incorrectly displayed values above 9.
- Changed the default European jumpered pricing default settings to match German-jumpered pricing.
Date : May 9, 1997
- Support for linked games.
- Fixed display conflict when Shoot Around and Around the World multiballs were running simultaneously.
- Fixed JET BUMPER DIFF adjustment to allow Power Hoops to happen at all levels.
- Presets for Ex Easy through Extra Hard ball time now match the manual.
- Shoot Around Multiball corrected when Extra Balls are turned off.
Date : May 20, 1997
- Rearranged some displays on linked games.
- Added German, French, and Spanish translations for linked text.
- Fixed a scoring bug in Sudden Death.
Date : June 2, 1997
- Fixed some bugs in linked play, especially when starting new games.
- Fixed a music bug in Around the World Multiball
- Added new country jumper setting (Export Alternate). This new setting is identical to EXPORT (all SA settings, Australian pricing) except all service credits are disabled.
- Right flipper button now compensates for the launch button when the launch button is broken.
- Removes FLIPPER PLUNGER feature adjustment.
Date : September 2, 1997
- Added the PINBALL SCORES adjustment which enabled 'standard' pinball scoring to be displayed.
- Fixed a bug where the player number was not shown in score sweep.
- Fixed a bug in linked games when a multiball was the last feature prior to TROPHY multiball.