[CONSOLE] Atari 5200 Game
Ms. Pac-Man © 1983 Atari, Incorporated.
Here she is...the Queen of Video Games, MS. PAC-MAN! The object of the game is to score as many points as you can while trying to clear the mazes of dots. Use your 5200 controller to guide this fearless beauty around the maze as she gobbles up dots, fruit, pretzels, energy pills, and ghosts. Move your joystick up, down, right, or left to guide MS. PAC-MAN in the same direction.
Watch out for four feisty ghosts. They scurry around after MS. PAC-MAN, trying to gobble her up. If one of them catches her, you lose a life. When MS. PAC-MAN eats an energy pill, the ghosts turn blue with fright. At this time, MS. PAC-MAN can gobble up the ghosts, racking up even more points with each ghost she gobbles.
* For a high score: Wait until the ghosts are close to MS. PAC-MAN when she is near an energy pill. Then eat the energy pill and gobble up all the ghosts.
* Get to know the different mazes. Each has its own escape tunnels which can often save MS. PAC-MAN at the last second.
* Practice clearing the maze of dots before trying to gobble up ghosts. Eventually you'll learn which techniques work best.
* When the ghosts start catching up with MS. PAC-MAN, try one of these tips to outrun them:
(1) Dots slow down MS. PAC-MAN, so travel on a clear path.
(2) MS. PAC-MAN can 'cut corners' by turning before she actually reaches them.
(3) Use the tunnels; the ghosts don't move as fast in them.
* All the ghosts have different personalities and speeds. Watch and learn how they each chase MS. PAC-MAN.