Bud Wellington holds the official record for this game with 134,880 points.
Countdown bonus : time remaining on counter.
Clearing a station : 100 points.
Random Exit Track : 150 points per crossing.
Clearing a level : 1,000 points.
Clearing a level by getting all passengers : 5,000 points.
TIPS AND TRICKS
* On early stages always go for the bonus stations, as they yield the biggest points score during normal gameplay.
* If a bonus station timer is getting low, don't go for it unless you are 100% sure you will make it. It's not worth risking a life for a 20 point bonus!
* Learn to move the track quickly, as this is the key to getting your train to its desired target. You should be able to move a piece of track 3 or 4 times while your train is still on it, moving at normal speed.
* If you have a long route opened up in front of you, run it at full speed, but remember it takes a couple of seconds at the end for your train to slow to its normal speed.
* When your train is moving along a long route try to plan where it will go next by moving pieces your train has already passed over and maybe even swapping some of those around ahead of you to change your route.