Klax [Model PA2031]
The Atari Lynx Game by Atari
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): klax
[HANDHELD] Atari Lynx Game
Klax © 1990 Atari Corp.
You've selected your level, and now the colored tiles start to tumble down the ramp. You zoom your paddle back and forth to catch the tiles and flip them into the bins to create rows of same colored tiles. The rows can be vertical, horizontal, or diagonal, and three or more tiles in a row creates a Klax.
Sounds easy right? It is, until the tiles speed up and tumble down the ramp so fast you can bare you keep up! Faster and faster your paddle becomes a blur as you struggle to keep up with the pace. Will you hear the wild cheers and applause as you ace the wave or will you cringe under the disappointed groans of the Klax audience when you lose? Either way you'll find yourself quickly addicted to the good klean fun of tic-tac-KLAX!
1990 - Consoles + HS N.2 [FR]: 93/100
* Try for complex Klaxs on lower level waves to increase your score. Go for chain reactions and simultaneous Klaxs.
* Don't throw too many tiles back up onto the ramp. You can get into trouble very quickly!
* Try for more complex Klaxs on Points Waves. Get the big points quickly -- you probably will not be able to complete the level with simple,vertical Klaxs.
* Sometimes simple Klaxs work best. Don't get cocky on a high level Tile Wave, or you will end up with five full bins and a bunch of tiles with nowhere to go.
* Use wild tiles to complete multiple Klaxs.
* Level Skip: create a Big X on level 6 to warp to level 51, and receive 60,000 bonus points. Create a Big X on level 11 to warp to level 56 with a 60,000 point bonus.