The object of the game is to score more goals than your opponent in two simulated 45-minute periods. A goal is scored by kicking the ball into your opponent's net. Each player has a 4-man team. You control one man on your team Computer controls the other 3 and moves them to simulate a full 11-man team. You see 1/3 of the soccer field at any given time during game play. Screen moves (scrolls) to follow game play.
There are 2 teams - YELLOW and BLUE. For the first half, Yellow defends the TOP goal, Blue defends the bottom goal. Teams switch ends for the second half.
A KICK-OFF begins each half of the game and starts play after a goal is scored. Yellow team kicks off the first half. Blue team kicks off the Second half. Team scored AGAINST klcks off after a goal.
To kick off, move the man in the kick-off circle. Until this happens, player on defense has no control over his team. Once the man in the kick-off circle is moved, both teams may try for possession of the ball. To get possession, move your man so he touches the ball.
WHEN YOU HAVE THE BALL, move it toward your opponent's goal by dribbling or passing. Shoot into the net.
When a goal is scored, the CLOCK STOPS and the ball returns to the kick-off circle. Teams take up kick-off positions CLOCK STARTS again at kick-off.
WHEN PLAYING DEFENSE, try to steal or intercept he ball. Your man can outrun the ball carrier. If your opponent gets close to your goal, move your controlled man to protect it. Computer controlled men might not stop the ball.
No offsides, goalies, throw-ins, corner kicks, goal kicks, penalties, time-outs or overtime.
TIPS AND TRICKS
* LEARN TO PASS EFFECTIVELY. Watch how team members move off and on screen, as the screen scrolls. Make the scrolling effect work to your advantage with off-screen passing.
* WATCH YOUR AIM when you pass or shoot. Wild shots and passes may be intercepted by your opponent
* STEAL THE BALL. Remember that the man with the ball is slowed down by dribbling.
* WHEN PLAYING DEFENSE, if your controlled man falls too far behind the man with the ball, let him drop back all the way off screen. He will reappear in front of the man with the ball.
* Remember that the BEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENSE. Get possession of the ball and keep it until you score!