Hyper Olympic in Nagano © 1997 Konami Co., Ltd.
Another superb multi-event sports game from Konami, following on from 1996's incredible update of 'International Track and Field'. Nagano is based around the Winter Olympics of 1998 and features ten Olympic events cased around skating, skiing, luge, bobsleigh, slalom and curling.
Game ID : GX720
Released just shortly prior to the start of its real-life namesake, exclusively in host country Japan. The actual 1998 Winter Olympics ran from February 7 to 22, 1998.
* Aerial landings : during the Aerials, press B as soon as you hit the ground and keep the button held until you have fully landed.
* Halfpipe gold medal : achieve a combination of F Alley Oop, and Alley Oop during the Halfpipe competition.
* Ski upside down : select Olympic mode and enter the Freestyle Aerials event. Choose any trick, and down press any buttons while moving downhill. After leaving the ramp, rapidly tap B. The skier will land and jump on his head and ski in that position.
* Snowboarding giant slalom : 'edge' by using A immediately after clearing the flag.
1. Track & Field [Model GX361] (1983, ARC)
2. Hyper Sports [Model GX330] (1984, ARC)
3. '88 Games [Model GX861] (1988, ARC)
4. Hyper Athlete [Model GV021] (1996, ARC)
5. Nagano Winter Olympics '98 [Model GX720] (1998, ARC)
6. International Track & Field 2000 (2000, PS)
7. International Track & Field Summer Games (2000, N64)
8. New International Track & Field (2008, DS)
9. Hyper Sports Winter (2010 iPhone)
10. Hyper Sports Track & Field (2010 iPhone)
Sony PlayStation (1998)
Nintendo 64 (1998)