H.E.R.O. HINTS FOR THE HEARTY HERO
Tips from John Van Ryzin (John Van Ryzin collects cameras. He golfs. He camps, and goes canoeing. In addition, he's from New Jersey. But what you must understand about John is, he loves his work. He thrives on it. As proof of this, he belongs to almost every Activision club. No mean feat, that.)
"The mineshafts of Mount Leone present many challenges to a rescuer. I recommend you watch the opening sequence before playing the game. It'll give you a feel for the terrain and help you recognize some of the dangers ahead. Also, the more you play, the better you'll learn your way around the different mineshafts. Since speed in locating miners earns you more points, you'll want to move as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here are a few tips I think you might find useful."
* "The dynamite R.Hero carries is potent. He doesn't need to be right next to a wall in order to blow it up."
* "If R.Hero runs out of dynamite, he can burn through walls with the Microlaser Beam. The closer he stands to the wall, the faster he'll break through."
* "If a lantern goes out, find mineshafts by looking at the rough edges along the bottom of the screen."
* "When flying above the river, ride the ceiling by pushing up as well as to the left or right."
* "Ride rafts whenever possible since it is easier than trying to go under a lava ceiling."
* "A word about tentacles: They don't move too fast, so try to outrun them."
"Hope that helps some. You'll discover your own techniques as you plumb the depths of the mine. Let me hear what they are when you emerge from 'down under'."