A racing game featuring classic cars from Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Mercedes Benz and more.
Click to enlarge (members only)
Main CPU : Motorola 68000 (@ 16 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (2x) OKI6295 (@ 12 Khz)
Screen orientation : Horizontal
Video resolution : 320 x 240 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.00 Hz
Palette colors : 32768
Players : 2
Control : paddle
Buttons : 2
Released in June 1994.
Based on a race that occured in Italy from Brescia to Rome and return yearly between 1927-1938 and 1945-1950 called the '1000 Miglia'.
* First revision (June 1994)
* Second revision (July 1994)
* Evolution Model (September 1994) :
1. Intro has been changed slightly (windowed animations play first, car throws off smoke, sound effects play).
2. Levels have been slightly changed (ramps removed, added, etc.).
3. Player's car throws off a lot more smoke when driving.
4. Player's car bursts into flames when time runs out.
5. Title screen now has animated letters and no Italian flag.
6. Two additional cars (for a total of 12) : RacerX and FireBall.
7. Two different colors for most cars (as opposed to only one).
8. When AI cars are hit they burst into flame instead of throwing off sparks.