Final Fight [Model SNS-FT-USA]
Export Nintendo Super NES game published 29 years ago by Capcom
Listed and emulated in MAME !
Final Fight © 1991 Capcom Company, Limited.
North American release. Game developed in Japan. For more information about the game itself, please see the original Japanese release entry; "Final Fight [Model SHVC-FT]
Teaser text from this American version:
Mayor Mike Haggar vows to snatch the streets of Metro City back from the crooks with his bare knuckles! But the Mad Gear gang snatches his daughter Jessica. Now there's gonna be some bone-crunching dues to pay ! Jessica's boyfriend Cody hits the street hard with Haggar, denting heads downtown and slugging it out in the slums. He's a one man army! His weapon are anything he can find - swords, knives, or pipes. Now you're Haggar or Cody, each with his own fighting style. Demolish gangland henchmen, samurai swordsmen and musclebound crime bosses in a fist-to-nose frenzy !
Final Fight for Super NES was released in September 1991 in North America.
The North American versions of the game were censored for its content, featuring the following changes:
- The first two bosses, Damnd and Sodom, were renamed Thrasher and Katana, respectively.
- Belger's wheelchair was redrawn to resemble an office chair.
- Poison and Roxy, the transvestite enemy characters, were replaced with two male enemies named Billy and Sid.
- All alcoholic references were removed, replacing two healing items.
- After the first bonus round, an enemy appears and says "Oh! My God", this was changed to 'Oh! My Car'.
- Blood, which appears when characters are stabbed, was removed and replaced by the generic explosion effect of hits.
- Dark skinned enemies, Dug and Simons, were given lighter skin tones.
Nintendo Wii [Virtual Console] [US] (may.7, 2007) [JA8E]
Nintendo Wii U [Virtual Console] [US] (oct.3, 2013) [JA8E]