Dragonstomper [Model AR-4400]
A 36-year-old Atari 2600 Cass. by Starpath
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): dstomper dstompere dstomperpv dstomperepv
Dragonstomper © 1982 Starpath Corp.
Dragonstomper was a role-playing video game. It follows the adventures of a dragon hunter who is given a quest by the king to defeat a dragon and reclaim a magical amulet that was stolen. The player makes his way over the countryside vanquishing various adversaries and gaining gold and experience. After gaining strength, the player enters a shop in an oppressed village where equipment can be purchased, soldiers hired, and special scrolls obtained to defeat the dragon in its lair. The final leg of the journey traverses into the dragon's lair where he must avoid a series of traps strewn throughout the cave and defeat the dragon.
* When your strength is down, stay out of fights until you build it up again. Your strength builds gradually with time. A more dramatic increase in strength may be obtained by visiting church and making a suitable contribution.
* Think before you fight. Your adversaries will wear you down if you battle them mindlessly. Try USEing an appropriate object during the first exchange of blows. Or just MOVE along if you don't think you need any objects in your adversary's possession.
* Watch out for booby traps. Don't get fooled by a seemingly peaceful landscape. The cunning dragon has laid traps by the front entrance to certain castles. Try the back entrance.
* Get by the bridge guard, the easy way. He's too tough to fight. So give him lots of gold. Or, even easier, show him your scroll as identification.
* The clever Dragonstomper can prove he is smarter than the dragon by outwitting him and stealing the amulet. The dragon can then be rehabilitated instead of killed.
* Execute the 'Use Shield' command while the image of the axe is displayed. 'SHL', the initials of programmer Steven H. Landrum, will appear.