[ARCADE] Arcade Video Game PCB
Dragon's Lair II - Time Warp © 1991 Leland.
Daphne has been kidnapped by the evil wizard Mordroc and Dirk the Daring must rescue her! Travel through time and space in seven levels of twitch-action response to flashing on the screen. The laserdisc provides beautifully animated scenery.
The animation for this game was completed in 1984 but its release was put on hold due to the rapidly declining coin-op market of that era.
Grag Sakundiak holds the official record for this game with 1,006 points on February 25, 2007.
* Version 2.11
* Version 3.00
* Version 3.14
* Version 3.15
* Version 3.16 (European)
* Version 3.17
* Version 3.18
* Version 3.19
* Version 3.19 (European)
* Version 3.19 (Spanish)
Note : The European versions differs again (like Dragon's Lair and Space Ace) from the US versions. It has a Philips VP380 arcade LD player which has RGB output, 220V and NTSC. There is no composite-to-RGB splitter board and the driver ROM is different.
In this game you direct Dirk towards the yellow flashes with the joystick and you press the button to have him use his sword whenever it flashes yellow. If you see a flashing treasure on parts of the game, have Dirk get that treasure. You must have him get all the treasures in order to advance to the final level. The game has seven levels that you must guide Dirk The Daring safely through to help him rescue his wife Daphne from Mordroc who will force Daphne to marry him unless her husband Dirk saves her.
Descriptions of the levels are as follows :
* On the first level, you must help Dirk escape from his outraged mother-in-law, Hilda (who believes him to be responsible for Daphne's abduction), and get to The Dragon's Lair beneath the castle. There he must find The Time Machine while fighting off a giant serpent. Once Dirk has found and activated The Time Machine, he will proceed to the next level.
* On the second level, Dirk will be in a prehistoric era where he will make his first attempt to rescue Daphne.
* On the third level, Dirk will be in Wonderland through The Looking-Glass, meeting with familiar characters like The Queen of Hearts, The March Hare, The Mad Hatter, The Jabberwocky, The Cheshire Cat, as well as even Tweedledee and Tweedledum (who will dress Dirk like Alice).
* On the fourth level, Dirk will be in The Garden of Eden, where Eve will mistake him to be Adam and a couple of serpents will encourage him to have Eve eat the Forbidden Apple.
* On the fifth level, Dirk will be in Beethoven's studio where he will be shrunk to the size of a mouse and avoiding a hungry cat.
* On the sixth level, Dirk will be in ancient Egypt where he will fight mummies and other ancient evil.
* On the seventh and final level, Dirk will finally have his chance to rescue Daphne and defeat Mordroc. If you make it past this level, Dirk and Daphne will return to their own time, reunite with their children and then fly off again in The Time Machine. Afterwards, the game ends.
Sega 32X [Unreleased Prototype]
Sega CD [Unreleased Prototype]
Sega Saturn [Unreleased Prototype]
Sony PlayStation 2 (2000)
Nintendo Wii (2010; as part of Dragon's Lair Trilogy)
Atari ST (1990)
Commodore Amiga (1991)
Commodore Amiga (1993, "The Animation Classics Pack")
DVD Player - 2002