Donkey Kong 3 for Famicom was released on July 4, 1984 in Japan.
Differences from the arcade version :
- There are no Beebombs. When a Beespy, Buzzbee, or Moth escapes with one of your vegetables, it simply disappears.
- There are no Vine Eaters. When the bonus timer runs out, Donkey Kong simply drops down from the vines and defeats Stanley.
- In the yellow stages, instead of Donkey Kong lobbing a coconut at the hive to release the bees, they will escape from the hive on their own.
- Buzzbees replace Beespies beginning at round 9 rather than at round 12.
- No matter how far you get in the game, Donkey Kong will never lob coconuts at Stanley in the blue and gray stages.
- Beetles replace Buttiflies beginning at round 12 rather than at round 18.
- Moths make their first appearance at round 15 rather than at round 24, and subsequently appear in place of the Buzzbees in the yellow stages.
- Bees will only fire stingers while carrying a plant.
- Plants will always be shown as fully grown. The bonus for successfully defending all 5 plants is always 3,000 points.
- Other than basic sprite simplifications, the rest of the game is very accurate to the arcade version.
"Donkey Kong 3 [Model NES-DT-USA]
"Donkey Kong 3 [Model NES-DT-EEC]