CPU : Hitachi SH-3 CPU, 133 Mhz Clock
Sound Chip : Yamaha YMZ770C-F
Chip U1 : IS42S32400D 128Mb SDRAM @ 166mhz (standard SH3 has MT48LC2M32 64Mb SDRAM)
Chip U4 : 32Mbit Spansion S29JL032H (standard SH3 has a 16Mbit Spansion S29AL016D.
DoDonPachi Dai-Fukkatsu was showed fully playable at AOU 2008, which took place 15-16th February at the Makuhari Messe, Japan. The game was then released on May 22, 2008 in Japan.
TIPS AND TRICKS
There are 2 versions of the second loop, Omote (Open) and Ura (Hidden). If either loop is qualified, player will be asked at the end of first loop whether or not to play the second loop. (Highlighted default option is YES.) If qualified for both, player will be prompted for
Ura second loop. Co-op 2 Player games cannot enter the second loop.
Both second loops are harder versions of the first loop, with the Ura route being the harder of the two.
Requirements to fight Taisabachi : (Boss EX1) (Open first loop criteria)
- Credit should be preserved (fails if continue is used). AND
- Maximum of 2 bombs used in Areas 1-5 of first loop OR
- Collect at least 35 bees through first loop.
(If above Taisabachi requirements are met, Taisabachi appears after completing second loop.)
Requirements to fight Hibachi : (Boss EX2) (Hidden first loop criteria)
- Enter "hidden" Ura path on first loop at Area 1.
- Maximum of one death in Areas 1-5 of first loop.
- Maximum of 2 bombs used in Areas 1-5 of first loop.
- Collect all 45 bees through first loop.
(If above Hibachi requirements are met, Hibachi appears after Taisabachi, after completing second loop.)