Devil Fish © 1982 Artic Electronics.
The player controls Sea Dog, who must feed Devil Fish in order to make them trap themselves on the several passages of the maze, as they will be too fat to advance. When they are trapped, Sea Dog must touch them. Immediately after that, a little house will appear on the center of the maze. Touch it and a part of a drawing will be revealed. Repeat this procedure until the complete image is revealed and Sea Dog will move on to the next level.
Main CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.072 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 1.78975 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (2x) General Instrument AY8910 (@ 1.78975 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 4-way joystick
Buttons : 1
Devil Fish was released in June 1982.
A bootleg of this game was released in 1984 by Vision on the Galaxian hardware.
Killing a type 1 small octopus : 100 points.
Killing a type 1 large octopus : 150 points.
Killing a type 2 small octopus : 150 points.
Killing a type 2 large octopus : 200 points.
Killing a type 3 small octopus : 200 points.
Killing a type 3 large octopus : 250 points.
Killing a type 4 small octopus : 250 points.
Killing a type 4 large octopus : 300 points.
* Try to lure more than one octopus at once into a gate to increase your score.
* Don't delay too long on any screen as the next screen will start with faster enemies.
* Wait on the other side of a gate where you know a pursuing octopus will get trapped and pick it off as soon as it gets stuck. If another octopus was close behind the dead one, move back over the gate and kill it when it gets stuck.
* Since the octopuses always pursue you, you can use this to get them to follow the path you want.
* Don't collect extra fish at the start of a screen since no more than 15 can be stored, and any extras are lost.
* Use the side tunnels to move across the screen, and the enemies don't often pursue you through them.
* When being pursued by a fast and small octopus drop two fish in front of it, taking it to its largest size and slowing it down.
Arcade Retro Lounge; http://tips.retrogames.com/