Dead or Alive ++ © 1998 Tecmo, Limited.
An update of the 1996 original, this game run on the ZN-1 architecture, hardware based the Sony Playstation.
Upon its initial release, the now-respected series drew attention and notoriety as much for the gravity-defying 'bouncing breasts' of its female protagonists as for its solid, inventive gameplay.
Main CPU : SPU (@ 16.9344 Mhz)
Sound Chips : SPU (@ 16.9344 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 6
Dead or Alive ++ was released on October 16, 1998.
Presented by Team Ninja (see 'Staff' section for more information).
This game runs on Sony Playstation-based hardware while the original Dead or Alive runs on the more powerful Sega Model 2 hardware. Consequently, this game uses 3-D arenas surrounded by 2D backdrops while the original Dead or Alive uses a fully 3-D environment rendered in real time. However, this game compensates with smoother, rounder character models and better lighting effects.
* Play as Raidou : complete a game playing as Kasumi in Tournament Mode and defeating Raidou at stage 8, then in the name entry screen input the word 'SIAWASE?'. Raidou appears now in the character select screen.
1. Dead or Alive (1996, Arcade)
2. Dead or Alive ++ (1998, Arcade)
3. Dead or Alive 2 (1999, Arcade)
4. Dead or Alive 2 Millennium (2000, Arcade)
5. Dead or Alive 3 (2001, XBOX)
6. Dead or Alive 4 (2005, XBOX 360)
7. Dead or Alive - Dimensions (2011, 3DS)
8. Dead or Alive 5 (2012, PS3, XBOX 360)
9. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade (2013)
Sony PlayStation (1998, "Dead or Alive")