Clay Master © 1995 Virtuality.
You could be in any one of a number of different countryside environments -the clays simulate the movement of a whole range of different small game in its natural habitat - It's a real reflex tester - that really challenges your timing and ability to move fast! So keep calm and follow them carefully- they're unpredictable!
Total Recoil hardware
Type of interface: Imersive -HMD-
Physical posture: Stand-up
Motion of the platform: No
Controls: Winchester 101 shotgun modified to create a pneumatically operated shotgun of the appropriate weight and balance, with fully automatic recycling and an authentic with recoil mechanism. The Total Recoil shotgun kicks back on the player, just like the real thing!
Computer platform: 486 PC
Type of display: Virtuality Visette 2
Tracking: Polhemus Insidetrack (HMD and gun)
Size of the Unit: 4 x 4 H 50 inches
Unit Description: Stand Alone POD.
Virtuality Visette 2 headset specifications :
-High impact polymer construction
-Shock absorbing tough design
-Weight : 645 grams/1.4 lbs
-Size : Width=215mm/8,4ins; Height=95mm/3,7ins; -Min depth=295mm/11,6ins; Max depth=345mm/13,5ins
-Hygienic closed cell replaceable comfort pads
-Inter-Pupillary adjustment : 58mm/2.2ins to 70mm/2.7ins
-Field of view per eye : Horizontal=60° Vertical=46.87°
-Visual resolution : 756x244 pixels
- Texture mapping capability: Yes
- Number of Polygon per second: 30.000 texture map p/s f:20-25 f/s
- Number of Max. Moving objects: 512
- Other Graphical Info: support Gouraud Shading, Texture Mapping, Flat Shading.
- Type of sound: 8MB 16 Bit sample. (Stereo)
- Music background: Yes (CDs)
- Max. Number of units networked locally: 8
- Max. Number of units networked remotely: No (in the future ISDN)
Other Technical Description:
- Mic Net connection between players
'Cybermind UK' purchased the intellectual property of 'Virtuality' in 1997 as part of a bankruptcy settlement. On Mach 2004 'Arcadian Virtual Reality L.L.C.' acquired the assets of Cybermind UK's virtual reality business.