超鋼戦紀キカイオー © 1998 Capcom.
(Choukou Senki Kikaioh)
A futuristic robotic 3-D fighting game from Capcom that draws heavily from the various subgenres of mecha anime.
Sony ZN-2 hardware
Main CPU : PSX (@ 16.9344 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 8 Mhz)
Sound Chips : SPU (@ 8 Mhz), Q-Sound (@ 4 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 6
Choukou Senki Kikaioh was released in September 1998 in Japan.
The title of this game translates from Japanese as 'Super Steel Knights Kikaioh', and is known outside Japan as "Tech Romancer".
* Time-release bypass : You must have access to the machine's test mode to use these codes (note : There may be 2 test modes available on the machine. It's not the Service Mode dip switch).
Enable Gourai Early : It normally takes 200 hours for Gourai to become available. If you have access to the machine's test mode, you can enable Gourai in less than 5 minutes.
1. Enter the Sound & Voice menu in test mode.
2. Input this code with the Player 2 controls : Left, Left, Right, Right, Guard, A, B (a sound will indicate that the code was correctly entered).
3. Exit test mode without any other modifications.
Gourai will now be the middle character on the character select screen.
Enable Dark Pulsion, Dixen EX, and Wise Duck Olrosso early. It normally takes 600 hours for Dark Pulsion, Dixen EX, and Wise Duck Olrosso to become available.
If you have access to the machine's test mode, you can enable Dark Pulsion, Dixen EX, and Wise Duck Olrosso in less than 10 minutes.
1. Follow the steps in the 'Enable Gourai Early' code if you haven't already done so.
2. Enter the Color menu in test mode.
3. Input this code with the Player 2 controls : Down, Down, Up, Up, B, A, Guard (a sound will indicate that the code was correctly entered).
4. Exit test mode without any other modifications.
Dark Pulsion, Dixen EX, and Wise Duck Olrosso will be available to the right of Rafaga, but will only be usable in Hero Challenge mode.
Original concept by : Shoji Kawamori
Mechanical design : Shoji Kawamori, Kazutaka Miyatake
Design director : Shida Eiji
Initial character design : Naoki Fukuda
Motion & Modeling design : Katsuhiro Nakano, Shinji Sakashita, Sayuri Shintani, Toshikazu Matsumoto
Background design : Daisuke Nakagawa, Yoshio Nishimura, Kazumi Teramoto, Yoko Fukumoto
CG Movie : Koichi Takeda
Programmer : Kohei Akiyama, Ryoma Ikeda, Katsuo, Kenji Yamaguchi, Kazuo Yamawaki
Music : Yuki Iwai
Sound effect : Takeshi Kitamura, Hiroshi Ohno
Planner : Eiichiro Sasaki, Ryozo Tsujimoto
In cooperation with Studio Nue.
Producer : Takashi Shono
Sega Dreamcast (2000) "Choukou Senki Kikaioh [Model T-1206M]"
Sega Dreamcast (jan.18, 2001) "Choukousenki Kikaioh for Matching Service"
Official website: http://www.capcom.co.jp/newproducts/kikaioh/index.html