Checkers © 1979 Mattel Electronics.
New tricks to the old game! Beat a friend, electronically. Or take on the canny computer in the time-honored contest of strategy, patience, and skill. Think you've played checkers? You've never played it like this! INTELLIVISION checkers is a game with all the moves!
OBJECT OF THE GAME
To sweep the board of your opponent's men (checkers) by jumping them, or to trap them so that your opponent is unable to make a move.
* Think before you move! Try to stay one jump ahead of your opponent.
* Sacrifice a man if his loss puts you in a position to jump 2 of your opponent's men.
* Keep your men in tight formation. The more they are strung out, the more vulnerable they are.
* Keep your opponent from getting crowned. The first player to be crowned has a decided advantage.
* Use kings wisely. Remember: Kings can move both forward AND BACKWARD.