[ARCADE] Arcade Video Game PCB
Check Man © 1982 Zilec-Zenitone.
Main CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.072 Mhz), Zilog Z80 (@ 1.62 Mhz)
Sound Chips : General Instrument AY8910 (@ 1.78975 Mhz), Tone generator and discrete circuits
Screen orientation : Vertical
Video resolution : 224 x 256 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.61 Hz
Palette Colors : 98
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
Commercial remakes on home computer : Danger UXB by Micropower on the BBC Micro/Acorn Electron.
Released by JALECO in Japan.
Clearing a square by walking over it : 10 points.
Collecting flags : 500, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000 points etc.
Defusing a bomb with 50-60 seconds remaining : 3,000 points.
Defusing a bomb with 40-49 seconds remaining : 2,500 points.
Defusing a bomb with 30-39 seconds remaining : 2,000 points.
Defusing a bomb with 20-29 seconds remaining : 1,500 points.
Defusing a bomb with 10-19 seconds remaining : 1,000 points.
Defusing a bomb with 1-9 seconds remaining : 500 points.
* Collect all of the flags on the early levels as there is no great threat from the boots.
* Scroll bombs to the opposite edge of the screen so you can easily collect them and move back to your starting side.
* At the start of each level you get a few seconds where the boots can not move. Make use of this time to get to the first bomb.
* If two bombs are ticking down, get the closest one first unless the other is much closer to exploding.
* Move the floor away from boots to trap them.
* If you trap a boot on a single square, you can move the square away from underneath it, trapping it on empty space.
Arcade Retro Lounge; http://tips.retrogames.com/