Cadash © 1990 Taito Corp.
Four great heroes: a fighter, a wizard, a cleric and a ninja go on a quest to rescue the captured princess. This Taito adventure game feature all the ingredients of a traditional role-playing game (stats, exp, buy upgrade in store...).
Prom Stickers : C21
Main CPU : Motorola 68000 (@ 12 Mhz), Zilog Z80 (@ 4 Mhz)
Sound Chips : Yamaha YM2151 (@ 4 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
Even if the title screen says 1989, Cadash was released in March 1990.
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Cameltry, Cadash - PCCB-00043) on October 21, 1990.
The Japanese and US versions are harder. Here are the main differences from the other revisions:
* Medical herbs cost 200 gold each instead of 20.
* Each character can carry only 4 herbs instead of 8. This also applies to antidotes.
* Some of the priestess' magic are toned down. The shield spell can take less hits before disappearing, and the time spell gives 30 seconds instead of 60.
* Inns get more expensive after a few uses. Their progressive price is 50, 200, 1,000, 6,000, 30,000 and 60,000 instead of 50, 200, 1,000, 2,000 and 5,000.
* The Amulet of Dragon gives 10,000 gold instead of 60,000.
There are many spelling and syntax errors in the French version texts.
* Characters list:
- Fighter: Best offensive and defensive power. Cannot use magic.
- Mage: Weak physical strength but strong attack magic.
- Priest: Uses defensive magic and has great endurance, but has weak offensive powers.
- Ninja: Uses thrown weapons and has excellent agility. Cannot use magic.
* Debug Mode (in Debug Mode, you will be able to select starting scene, gold, EXP and several items) :
1) Hold Service Switch and reset the game.
2) Wait until 'Service Switch Error Message' is displayed, then push 'Start(x3), Service, Start'.
3) The game boots up then insert a credit and select a character.
4) Enter Debug Mode instead of starting the game.
* Your character jumps backwards when hit by an enemy. When you're trying to quickly cross some areas where you're likely to take damage, this can be a bad thing; it can cause you to stay in the dangerous area much longer. So, to reduce the damage, turn back just before you get hit. This will cause the impact to push you -forward-, getting you out of danger more quickly.
* The maximum amount of money you can have is 60,000 Golds.
Produced by : Keisuke Hasegawa
Directed by : Onijust
Director of Software : Toru Sugawara (SGW)
Main Programmer : Tarabar Hori (TAK)
Monster Programmer: Yuichi Kohyama
Trap Programer : Masaki Yagi (YMOT) (MYG)
Scenario Programmer : Seiichi Taikoishi
Production Designer : Onijust (ONJ)
Graphic Designers : Onijust (ONJ), Takatsuna Senba, Hisakazu Katoh, Kozo Igarashi, Yoshihiro Iwata, Tetsuya Shinoda, Takayuki Ogawa, Kenichi Imaeda
Assistant Graphic Design : Visual Arts Production
Supervising Editor : Masaki Yagi (YMOT)
Map Editor : Onijust
Hardware Engineer : Tadashi Kushiro
Electrician : Tomio Takeda
Sound Producer : Pochi (Zuntata)
Music Composer : Pinch Punch
Sound Effects : Pinch Punch
Mechanician : Yasunori Hatsuta
Publicity Supervisor : Kazuo Nakagawa
Software Analyzers : Hidehiro Fujiwara, Yuji Hiroshige
Data Entry : Mari Iwano
Game Designer : Onijust
[JP] NEC PC-Engine (jan.18, 1991) "Cadash [Model TP02015]"
NES TurboGrafx-16 [US] (1991) "Cadash [Model WTG040501]"
[US] Sega Genesis (1992) "Cadash [Model T-11086]"
Sega Mega Drive [KO] (1992) "Cadash" by Samsung
[JP] Sony PS2 (aug.25, 2005) "Taito Memories Gekan [Model SLPM-66092]"
[EU] Microsoft XBOX (mar.31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2"
[EU] PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] (mar.31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2"
[US] PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] (jul.10, 2007) "Taito Legends 2"
[US] Nokia N-Gage "Taito Memories" : release cancelled
See goodies section.