Arkanoid [Model NES-AR-USA]
The Nintendo NES Cart. by Taito (EXPORT VERSION)
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): arkanoid arkanoidr
[CONSOLE] Nintendo NES Cart.
Arkanoid © 1987 Taito Corp.
The story (from the USA Manual):
Their earth-like planet was devastated by a brutal attack of aliens. The survivors roam the galaxy on their photon spaceship Arkanoid in search of a new home. The Arkanoid is attacked and the survivors barely escape in the Vaus spacecraft. Instead of finding safety, they are now trapped in a deadly space labyrinth.
If they are to be saved, you must summon all your courage and skill to shatter the space walls and defeat the merciless enemy forces!
Released in August 1987 in the USA.
COLOR WALLS (from the USA manual):
white: 50 points.
orange: 60 points.
light blue: 70 points.
green: 80 points.
red: 90 points.
blue: 100 points.
pink: 110 points.
yellow: 120 points.
* HOW TO PLAY (from the USA Manual):
- Your mission is to destroy the space walls with the energy ball by strategic movement of your Vaus spacecraft.
- There are three types of walls: colors, silver and gold. You earn points for their destruction as follows:
-- Silver walls: 50 points times the number of the round. The number of energy ball hits required to break the hard walls follows:
--- 2 times - 1st to 8th round.
--- 3 times - 9th to 16th round.
--- 4 times - 17th to 24th round.
--- 5 times - 25th to 32nd round.
- Gold walls are indestructible.
- There are 33 rounds in this game. In the final round, a huge enemy fortress will loom before you as the ultimate challenge. While dodging bullets, you must hit the fortress 16 times with your energy ball to destroy it.
- Some walls contain power CAPSULES. Each time you capture one you'll score 100 points and gain these super powers:
-- orange - slows movement of ball.
-- pink - opens warp escape - advance to next round.
-- yellow/green - catch the ball and release it.
-- red - increase to Vaus laser fire power.
-- light blue - splits energy ball into 3 particles.
-- grey - awards an extra Vaus.
-- dark blue/purple - widens the Vaus controller.
* PLAYING TIPS (from the USA Manual):
- Choose capsules carefully. Each one changes the one before it. Use them cautiously to suit each situation.
- You may advance through the levels up to the 16th!! To do this simply press the START button and the A button at the same time. This must be done at the beginning of each level - before any game play occurs.