Pac-Mania was released in December 1987 in North America by Atari Games under license from Namco.
1,412 units were produced by Atari. The selling price was $1,995.
In this Atari 'Export' version :
- The first Block Town only has one level, instead of two.
- The first Pac-Man's Park, Sandbox Land, and Jungly Steps Worlds only have two levels each, instead of three.
- Common has been renamed 'Funky'.
- Grey Common has been renamed 'Spunky'.
- The Top Ten Score List has been added and will let you write initials, before continuing.
- The "Pac-Mania
" Logo has Pac-Man, Pinky, and Blinky circling around the logo in the Atari version, whereas the Namco version does not.
- A 'Stage Select' feature has been added.
- Items are placed differently from the original Namco version.
- Courage Bonus would activate once you got past Block Town.
- There is a total of 19 levels in the game, instead of the Namco version's 23 levels.