Marine Wars [Model RC-102-X 02]
Emulated in MAME ! [Console] Atari 2600 Cartridge
Marine Wars © 1983 Konami Industry Company, Limited.
A world war is spreading out over the seas! Take aim at the enemy's battleships and fighters!!
1) This game consists of four consecutive scenes: a battle between battleships by day; a battle between battleships by night; a battle between fighters and battleships by day; and a battle between fighters and battleships by night. Each scene leads into the next as the previous scene clears.
* In scenes where battleships fight battleships, the scene will clear only after you have destroyed a set number of the enemy ships. If MTBs appear on the screen, the scene will clear when these have all gone.
* In scenes where fighters attack battleships, the scene will clear after a set number of fighter have appeared.
2) Each scene is counted as one pattern, and the pattern number of the game is displayed alternately with the score at the top right of the screen.
3) In the nighttime battle between battleships you cannot see the top row of enemy ships, but when a shell hits a ship and explodes, the screen will light up for four seconds and the ships will appear.
4) The joystick is used to move your battleship to the left and right, and to fire shells at the enemy ships and planes.
* If you fire a shell when your ship is moving, the shell will go in the opposite direction to where the ship is heading.
5) The enemy starts out with 9 battleships and 30 fighter aircraft. These numbers will increase as the scenes change according to the following formula:
Number of battleships: 9 + (N - 1) x 2
Number of fighters: 30 + (N - 1) x 2
N is the pattern number.
You score the following points each time you hit an enemy ship, which are then added to your total score:
Top row of battleships: 80 points.
Middle row of battleships: 70 points.
Bottom row of battleships: 60 points.
Enemy fighter: 80 points.
Enemy torpedo: 30 points.
Enemy bomb: 30 points.
Enemy MTB: 30 points.
Bonus score: 500 points.
A bonus score of 500 points is added to your score each time you complete one scene.
The maximum score is 999,999 points.
Page last modified on May 28, 2015