Emulated in MAME ! Coin-Operated Arcade Video Game
DoDonPachi Dai-Fukkatsu Black Label © 2010 Cave Company, Limited.
This is an updated version of "DoDonPachi Dai-Fukkatsu
" with the following changes:
- Ship selection changed: players now select the fighter type, then the style (Bomb, Power, or Strong). The style now corresponds to easy, medium, and hard difficulty respectively. Then, player can select whether to utilize auto-bomb or not.
- Ships can now fire both laser and shot simultaneously.
- Score counter's number letter sizes increase every 5th digit for easier viewing
- Added Red Mode, a small long bar at top right (or top middle when playing with two players) which increases if you shoot both laser and shot simultaneously. When it passes a certain threshold, the bar in the meter turns red, and the game becomes much more difficult while it is in the red. The bar will reset when the player dies, or reduced after hyper ends / player does not shoot both laser and shot.
- Hyper meter now increase very slowly unless you turn the "Red Mode" bar red. In addition, Hyper power itself runs out much faster after use.
- Hypers can now be "collected" for the Power style. Continue to increase the Hyper meter and it will stock up like a bomb when the meter is filled.
- Activating the hyper now shows the current "rank" of the Hyper effectiveness with blocking bullets temporarily.
- The bee bonus items in the stages function differently.
- Hibachi (true final boss) now can appear in the first loop if certain requirements are met. In addition, the difficulty / durability of both the final boss Taisabachi, now renamed Supreme Weapon of Extreme Hellish Annihilation - Golden Disaster and the true final boss have increased dramatically.
- Hit combos are now calculated differently. Namely, the hit combo does not go up as fast unless you turn the "Red Mode" bar red.
- All the music has been replaced.